[RECAP] Meet the Founder: DAOLaunch vs Pyramid Walk
[RECAP] Meet the Founder: DAOLaunch vs Pyramid Walk
Hi DAOLaunchers, We’ve started a new series called “ MEET THE FOUNDER” where we set up calls with founders of the start-ups that launch on DAOLaunch to discuss the projects and update users on the progress of the products. See the detail below.
Right now, the crypto market is going through a tough time due to the current market conditions. However, start-ups with great potential are still actively looking for fund and managed to do so with the support of the communities.
A real investor would look to invest in the long run, hence the careful selection process when it comes to making new investment decisions. To better understand startups’ visions, and find ways to how to co-operate with and contribute to startups, the new video series “ MEET THE FOUNDER” was born.
In these videos, we are going to have deep discussion with startup founders to deep dive into startups, understand founders’ vision and passion, and how we can collaborate to build the future together.
I strongly recommend that DAOLaunchers carefully watch these videos to make sound investment decisions.The first “MEET THE FOUNDER” is with Pyramid Walk, the project that is going to have both Private sale and Public sale on DAOLaunch next week.. Check this blog post to join.Pyramid Walk token sale
Last week, our CEO Sakuro Imayama had a call with Pyramid Walk’s CEO Tony Nguyen to discuss the upcoming public sale event of $PYRA token on DAOLaunch as well as the current progress of the project. Tony also shared with us the future plans of Pyramid Walk. Besides the Youtube video itself, we also put together a recap of the video for your reference below. Enjoy !
- Sakuro: Hi Tony how are you doing? I’m really glad that you joined our meeting today
- Tony: Hi Sakuro I’m doing good. It’s an honor to be here to talk with DAOLaunch about Pyramid Walk. It’s been a very long journey for Pyramid Walk team but we have never given up and have been trying to conquer every obstacle that comes our way. Today we’re here to talk about the progress of the project and I’m very excited about it.
- Sakuro: That’s great. I already downloaded your application to my Android device. It’s very easy to use. So let’s get to our topic today. Firstly, can you introduce yourself and your project to our community? What are the accomplishments, challenges and future strategies?
- Tony: Absolutely. So allow me to introduce a bit about my background and how my team and I got together to develop a move-to-earn ecosystem. Before joining the team, I had been traveling and studying abroad for a few years. I worked in a marketing agency before getting into crypto. I joined an exchange program in the US for 2 years, where I studied business development Houston, Texas. I started as a crypto trader in 2017, and at the time I was not good at trading at all. I realized that trading was very challenging for crypto newbies. I figured that you need to equip yourself with proper knowledge about the crypto market first before making any trading decision.
- Sakuro: Hahahaa. I was the same. Whenever I bought something it would go down, and when I sell it would go up. So I decided to switch from being a trader to an investor.
- Tony: Yea this industry offers a lot of opportunities. When I decided not to trade anymore, I went through every project’s whitepapers and documents and tried to understand the project from an insider’s perspective. The more I studied the market and the market, the more impressed I was. That’s why I decided that I wanted to dedicate myself to this area and create something on my own. When I came back to Vietnam in 2019, the market was doing really well, especially for gamefi projects. But for now, after 3 years it seems like gamefi is coming to its final days. That is why we want to create a project that offers real values to the users. In Pyramid Walk, we try to create an ecosystem with a wide variety of features including but not limited to walk-to-earn, NFT collection, NFT marketplace and we’re also working on a multichain launchpad. At the moment, move-to-earn is being a huge trend and we decided to hop on the trend. We’re aiming for a more simple approach to reach out to users and offer real value.
- Sakuro: So STEPN started the trend as a move-to-earn project, but the shoes are too expensive haha. I heard that the shoes in Pyramid Walk are very affordable haha. Easy to start. Everybody is talking about STEPN right now but I haven’t stepped in yet. But when I saw your application I downloaded it and find it super easy to use.
- Tony: For now, Pyramid Walk app is available on Appstore and Google Play. It’s very easy to sign up. Just click start then start walking around. For now our token hasn’t been listed on any exchange so we’re having the pre-launch version for the users to test the app as a free trial.We are rewarding the top 50 users with 2,000 PWALK tokens. You can join us also.
- Sakuro: yea I’m thinking about that haha. But I haven’t seen the leaderboard.
- Tony: Oh for now the leaderboard is only for Android users. We are going to announce the winners today and update the iOS version. You can visit Pyramidwalk.com after we announce our campaigns. The top 50 users will receive rewards in PWALK tokens, and the top 1 winner will be rewarded a legendary Chest Box.
- Sakuro: Oh it’s just a 5 kilometer walk. I can do it.
- Tony: Absolutely you can. The core value of the application is easy to walk and easy to earn. I learned from other projects that if you require users to walk under a time and speedy pressure, you’ll limit the users to the app. Especially for users who have health issues that make it impossible for them to do intense exercise. We don’t want to limit users in Pyramid Walk. We only require a walking distance of 3km to 9 km for the gps system to record the walk and reward users based on that. Our app offers two options: walk for free and walk to earn. If you just simply want to exercise and stay in shape, you can use the free version of the app. If you are looking to earn from your exercise, then you can buy a pair of NFT sneakers from our collection.The ROI will be calculated when you’ve reached 14 days to 1 month of walking. That number was calculated from our research that the average time for an exercise to become one’s habit is 21 days, meaning 3 weeks. By enforcing a minimum walking period in the walk to earn mode before rewarding users, we make exercising it into a routine for them. But you can still get rewarded for logging in the app everyday with the PWALK tokens. PWALK is our native token. You can find out more about it on our gitbook. So, back to the app features, the app is built in a way that you are motivated to get up early and walk at 7am or 5am if you’re busy at 7. If you can do it for 3 consecutive days, you will get rewarded too. That’s a few things that make our project different from others.
- Sakuro: Oh it’s very practical. Most of the other apps focus on making money rather than motivating people to have a healthier lifestyle. But when you look at the top applications, they will have many ways to motivate users like the rocket bonus or something.
- Tony: when people think of blockchain they tend to think it’s something complicated. In Pyramid Walk, we want to make everything simple for users. This is a real product with the real features which we utilize to help increase and stabilize the price of the tokens regardless of the market conditions. In that way, we can focus more on the product itself instead of worrying too much about the price. We don’t want our project to be a pump and dump, and would like to bring true value to the community.
- Sakuro: That’s definitely the right approach for sure. Can you tell us more about your NFT shoes?
- Tony: Let me share my screen with you.
In Pyramid Walk, we try to create a wealth and health lifestyle. For now the app is available on both Appstore and Google Play. You can find the smart contract on the website too. We are having an airdrop event that is coming up next. If you are watching the video right now at the time of our talk.
We have various types of NFT sneakers and NFT boxes. We also partner with Chain Links to implement the VRF in our ecosystem. Chain Links has the technology to randomize the drop rate of the NFT chess boxes. If you are lucky, you might get a pair of legendary sneakers or $PYRA tokens.
We were faced with a lot of challenges when creating these NFTs but they didn’t stop us from reaching our goals. For now the app is ready in mvP. In the future we will add the socifi aspect to it. You already know Tinder right? We try to integrate the same concept of Tinder into our app. So for example during your walking session, you can choose to get notified of other Pyramid walkers in your area. The app will ask if you want to connect with them and reward you extra tokens for saying yes. By doing this we can create a community of Pyramid walkers who walk together and earn together.
- Boba: is it going to be another social media?
- Tony: yes. You can share your NFTs with your fellow walkers and customize or upgrade them. We try to create a healthy community where everyone stays in shape and makes good money.
*Tony introducing the first version of NFT sneaker design to Sakuro*
The NFT sneakers will be released in 3D very soon and they will look way better than this. For now there are 4 types of shoes: Walker, Hyper Walker, Sky Walker and Moon Walker, each is rarer than the next. The Moon Walker name is inspired by the crypto term “go to the moon”. If you’re a Moon Walker, you will get 3,000 PYWALK for a distance of 1.5km. PYWALK is our native token which you can get from walking with our NFT shoes then swap into $PYRA tokens to get profits. You can also stake your PYRA tokens as well as your NFTs. There are only 40 pairs of sneakers in the first collection Walker because we want to control the inflation rate of the token by controlling the supply. And one more thing, it takes 12 to 24 hours to go on the next walk because if users just walk whenever they wish and as much as they could just for the sake of making money, it will hurt the project’s ecosystem. So we try to balance between keeping people in shape and generating passive income for them.
The listing date for PYRA token is June 10. If you look at the roadmap here we’re on track with our schedule. The IDO is ongoing now. Seed and Private Round are closed. We listed PYRA on Coinmaketcap also.
About our backers and investors, OKC and Chain Links are our strategic partners in terms of technology. OKC is helping us with multichain integration. When we reach 10,000 users there’s a good chance we might list our token on OKEX. We’re aiming for such big exchanges after listing our token.
- Sakuro: That’s pretty much everything we wanted to talk about in the chat today….
- Tony: We’re very excited to launch the project but there’s just so much information to wrap up in one talk haha.. My apologies. But if you guys have any further question I’m happy to clarify them for you.
- Boba: Yea since it’s being recorded so if anyone has any question you can send it to our community groups on Telegram. That was a quite informative talk and thank you so much, Tony for joining us. We’re so looking the launch of the app and the launch of the PYRA token on DAOLaunch.
About Pyramid Walk
PyramidWalk is a Web3 lifestyle app with Social-Fi and Game-Fi elements. Users equipped with NFT Sneakers – walk, jog or run outdoors to earn $PYRA, which can be used to level up and mint new Sneakers
Pyramid is a Utility – focused Project that provides Walk to Earn & Defi solutions such as NFT Marketplace with Pyramid NFT Sneakers, multichain supported Launchpad and Staking features.
Website | Telegram | Twitter | Youtube | Twitter
DAOLaunch aims to create an open and inclusive competitive environment for startup investment- the Decentralized Venture Capital concept.
DAOLaunch offers retail investors preferential investment conditions depending on their investment performance recorded on the blockchain. Recorded investments are not editable, as all negotiations are all on-chain. DAOLaunch investors can brand themselves as Decentralized Venture Capitalists and much like traditional VCs, they can negotiate more favorable investment terms.
DAOLaunch aims to change the structure of shady behind-closed-door investment deals to an open and more competitive deal structure that takes place on the blockchain. This will drastically shake up the startup industry.
Website | Telegram | Twitter | LINE OC | Discord